April 11, 2014 by texashekmans
As you turn 2 tomorrow, I want to write and tell you how great my love is for you! And like last year, I want to help celebrate you the traditional Hekman family way, by expressing what I like about you. But there are far too many things I love about you to just pick one, so here are several things I really enjoy about you right now:
- Your contagious laughter
- Your spunky smile
- The way you always like to give everyone a hug after we sing “ring around the rosies”
- Your bright blond hair, especially when you let me put it into pigtails
- The way you always notice when one of your friends is sad, and you compassionately say “__ is sad” and then “it’s ok, ___”
- How excited you get when Daddy comes home (or mommy too after I’m gone)
- The way you love to be with other people of all backgrounds and ages, like our neighbors Hannah and Matthew, Gracie and her siblings, etc.
- Your love for nature, and how you always notice and admire things like the moon, the trees, bugs, flowers
- Your love for animals – any dog, cat, bird, fish, hamster, anything — you seem to really delight in them all and it is precious to witness your love for God’s creation
- Your sweet voice when you say “bye Mommy, have fun!” or “hewwo Mommy”
- Your crazy high-energy dance moves
- Your hugs and kisses, but especially your “Daniel Tiger” style “ugga mugga” kisses
- The way you always say “ok” so sweetly when I say goodnight and remind you that Jesus is with you while you sleep
- Your love for babies and how you always point out their “tiny fingers and toes”. You are usually really sweet and gentle with babies and I know you are going to be an amazing big sister!
- When you ask me to “more sing, Momma” as I’m helping you fall asleep for naps/night
I am so incredibly proud, thankful and blessed to be your Mom. Honestly, I do want to note that that your super-strong-willed, energetic 2yr old personality is often very challenging to my laid-back, homebody-type-self. But truly, as a result, you make me more hungry for and aware of God’s perfect love and grace every day. For that, you are the best blessing I could ever ask for. I am so thankful for the past 2 very special years of my life with you.
Happy 2nd Birthday, my sweet Violet! I love you more than you know and can’t wait to see how you grow and change in this new year of life. xoxoxo