Leave a comment
January 2, 2016 by texashekmans
- Watching Violet walk down the aisle at Myles & Sam’s wedding and watching Myles & Sam get married! Their day was perfect, their joy was overwhelming, contagious and we felt incredibly blessed to welcome a new sister to the family!
- Watching Violet sing in her Christmas performance preschool. She was so excited for it and did a great job singing along while sometimes nervously looking over at us and smiling. She resembled such an older version of herself, it was kinda startling but overall just exciting to watch and look forward to lots more performances like this in the future.
- Holding Ezra as he napped on the Muskegon beach, on our last day of vacation in MI before we made the long drive back to TX. Ezra was napping in my arms and all of a sudden I looked around and my Dad, Scott and even Violet had all fallen into a deep nap in the sand too! The peacefulness and suddenness of their beach nap was breathtaking and while I was jealous that I couldn’t nap myself, it was honestly so sweet to watch all of these people that I love taking a beautiful and unexpected nap at the same time! The moment was so cute and precious that I wasn’t really sad at all. So sweet to get to witness those moments of vacation beachfront bliss!
- When Grammy & Pop-Pop were visiting and singing/dancing with Violet in the living room. Also when we went swimming with them and Ezra loved being held by Pop-pop!
- When Violet bonded with Nana and hugged her most of the day of Pop’s funeral. She never wanted to leave her side and just instinctively (without any prompting from us) seemed to know how to comfort and encourage Nana on such a hard day.
- Helping with my first AMB MNO in November and watching all of the moving pieces come together quite well despite last minute changes due to the weather. Seeing all of our hard work pay off to give 250+ Moms a fun night was very rewarding!
- Date night at Vox Table with Scott in December where we enjoyed such great food, reminisced about 2015, dreamed about 2016 and fell in love more with one another as we ate and drank and talked alllll night!
- Kimmy Schmidt
- Newsroom Series Finale
- In The Loop
The Hardest Peace, by Kara Tippetts
Every Bitter Thing is Sweet, by Sara Hagerty
Favorite Bible Verses
- Romans 15: 13 — May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- John 3:30 — He must become greater; I must become less.
Goals for 2016
- Reducing daily sugar intake for the purpose of regulating blood sugar levels
- Increasing exercise!
- Increasing daily time studying the Bible, learning more about God